Monday 12 November 2012

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

If you are actively looking for a therapist and that's what brought you to this page, then let me introduce myself: My name is John Herr and for the past twenty-nine years, I was a psychologist in private practice in the heart of the Silicon Valley.  Over that time, I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with hundreds of individuals, families and teen-agers.  Following in the best tradition of "those who can do, and those who can't teach,"  I published in the area of  family therapy and the psychology of aging, early in my career.  Being an international authority on something I wasn't very good at wasn't as rewarding as I had hoped; I ended up in therapy myself.  It was that positive experience which made me realize what had been left out of my writing.  Before I could set the professional world straight about what I had learned, working with my clients (and especially the clients themselves) became much more interesting for me.  In fact, it started to feel like I was learning more from my clients than they were from me.  About the same time, my clients began to report our sessions were getting much more useful.  I am happy to say it's been that way for some time and I hope it will remain that way when I return from sabbatical..  

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

Saratoga Homes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment